Therapist, Mama, Partner, Human.
I have been a deeply curious, thinking, feeling soul since as long as I can remember.
Through no fault of my parents, there were big gaps in my early life. Faced with challenges, I have always set out to solve them.has led me to years of personal, spiritual, emotional work, long before I set out to be a therapist.
Whether it be the challenges I have lived through to strength my self-esteem, settle anxieties, resolve unhelpful life habits, or face the massive challenge staying happily married while raising little humans, happiness, joy and peace have not always come naturally. I consider life and wellbeing to be a practice.
Now that I have the blessing of using all of my personal experiences and all of my professional training to guide others through life’s challenges, I can wholeheartedly say that I would change a minute of the path behind me.
Curious to Know More?
- I run a private therapy practice in Nelson, BC, CANADA… literally voted one of the best little towns in the world.
- I am a Clinical Supervisor and trainer of therapists, and mental health professionals
- I have a Biopsychology Degree from University of British Columbia and a Master’s in Counselling Psychology from University of Victoria
- My therapy trainers, mentors and influencers include: Sue Johnson , John Gottman, Esther Perel, Daniel Seigel, Christine Padesky (CBT), Peter Levine (Somatic Experiencing), Francine Shapiro (EMDR), Marsha Linehan (DBT).
- My Life Coaching mentors: Brooke Castillo, Tony Robbins, Martha Beck
- Spiritual Teachers: Jesus, My Grandma Lil, Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, Adya Shanti, Tich Nath Hanh, Parenting
Other Fun Sandy Facts…
- I’m the youngest of three girls. I love being a Maclean sister.
- My parents were splitting as I was born… we lived mainly with my mom and spent every other weekend with my dad. We were super latch key…. and anxiously attached (therapist lingo for insecure on the inside and strong on the outside).
- It all made me driven (neurotically so ;)). Took me a while to do my own work to be at ease inside, worthwhile and loveable to myself. I wouldn’t change a thing now.
- I speak English, French and a little Spanish
- I am a hopeless romantic…. just like my grandma Lil
- My dog is named Rusty. He is a 1 1/2 year old bernedoodle… and he’s the best
- I grew up mostly in a shopping mall and was partly raised by Oprah 🙂
- I am still in touch with just about everyone I have ever been close to…. that friend for life kind of girl.
- I love hip hop and boogieing with my sisters and girlfriends.
- I have always talked way too much…. I’m always working on it. I love people with all my heart and all my words and the talking too much thing works itself out somehow.
- I have been learning guitar basics for 20 years
- Trauma therapy has taught me up front and personal that it all can end quite suddenly….I hold that thought like a practice to dig deeper into love and gratitude.